Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Regular REL » Post: Player failed to open a pack in a MM2017 draft

Player failed to open a pack in a MM2017 draft

March 18, 2017 05:22:46 PM

Dan Blicharz
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northeast

Hello everyone,

This will be my first post here as I am a new L1. So hello all. My name is Dan and I am from NJ.

Now for why we are here. I went to a LCS for a MM2017 draft last night (as a player, not a judge) and ran into a unique scenario. Once we had drafted our 3 packs, a player did a card count and realized he only had 43 cards. A few more of us did a count and found the same. A player then said “Oh, I forgot to open my 3rd pack”.

What steps should happen at this point. We all drafted out that one pack, but was this the correct procedure?

A few people were upset, and the offender and their friend were passive saying “Well we cant fix it now”.

Just looking for input.

Thanks

~Dan Blicharz

March 18, 2017 06:04:21 PM

Bartłomiej Wieszok
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), TLC, Tournament Organizer

Europe - Central

I had that issue few times (hec, once I by myself forget to open pack 3! ;) but all of those occurred mid-drafting (we were in half of pack and someone found unopened one in front of them).
Solution for that was to stop the draft, open that pack, and draft it until it reach it appropriate place. Off course you need to adjust it to your situation. If it would happen to my draft pod, I would go with drafting missing pack now. It's the best way to fix it at this point in my opinion.

March 18, 2017 06:53:54 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

Originally posted by Dan Blicharz:

We all drafted out that one pack, but was this the correct procedure?
Well, there isn't really a “correct procedure” - sometimes, things just get weird, and you have to find the most sensible solution. Sounds like your solution was fine!

d:^D

March 30, 2017 04:05:43 AM

Thomas Travert
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

France

I can't really see a better fix than this one, totally would have done the same.