Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Un-official Announcements » Post: Invite to the international Magic Judge Discord server

Invite to the international Magic Judge Discord server

May 18, 2017 11:40:22 AM

Stefan Ladstätter-Thaa
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program))

Vienna, Austria

Dear friends,

I would like to invite you all to the international Magic Judge Discord!

What is that, you ask? Let me explain…

Discord is a great tool to communicate with a specified group of people via text or voice chat. It's kind of a mix of Skype, Teamspeak and IRC, combined in one light-weight application, running natively on all major computing platforms AND in your web browser. For those of you who know Slack, it’s similar but better ;) I don't want to go into too much technical detail in this mail, but further information about Discord can be found here.

In the German-speaking-countries, we've been using Discord for a few months now as a tool for daily discussions about judgey stuff, but also for fun talk, to connect and strengthen the community and grow together even though we live hundreds of kilometres apart from each other. In addition, we have started to do special activities like AMAs and monthly judge meetings in the voice chat to amplify that effect even more.

The international Magic Judge Discord is our attempt to get the same positive effect described above, but worldwide. I invite you to join this new international judge Discord server and have a look for yourself. Just click https://discord.gg/WKE3SA5 and follow the instructions. We already have a bunch of RCs and L3s signed up, and we can't wait for you all to join. Hope to see you all there!

Stefan Ladstaetter
RC German-speaking countries

Edited Stefan Ladstätter-Thaa (May 18, 2017 11:48:45 AM)

April 10, 2018 08:30:33 AM

Johannes Wagner
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

German-speaking countries

Lets bump this invitation :)

There are already 262 people on this discord, but I'm pretty sure we can crank this number up a bit!

It's nice if you use your real name on the server instead of your nickname.
But I don't want to have my realname on every server I joined!
No problem, you can change your nickname only for this server.
And here is it how you can do that:
Click on “Magic Judges” in the top left corner. (https://imgur.com/MBQiF9L) and choose the fourth option there(In the screenshot its “Nickname ändern”(german for change Nickname)).

Edited Johannes Wagner (April 11, 2018 03:09:47 AM)