Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Unable to submit unsuccessful advancement review.

Unable to submit unsuccessful advancement review.

May 23, 2017 02:43:56 AM

Håkon Gulbrandsen
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - North

Hello!

An L1 candidate of mine unsuccessfully took an L1 exam, and I get the following error when trying to submit the advancement review:

“This draft review has been saved; however, it cannot yet be submitted. Please correct the following errors first:
Advancement reviews must include a passing exam score”

Should we no longer write advancement reviews for failed attempts, or is this an oversight in JudgeApps? I presume that it's possible to bypass the error by submitting the feedback in a regular review, but figured I should ask about this first.

May 23, 2017 02:55:35 AM

Dan Collins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

Hello,

Currently, the best thing to do is to choose an “Evaluation” review, and in the text of the review, note that it is a failing advancement evaluation. (Include the Exam ID and score in the text.)

We are aware of this, and other questions that people have had about the review “types”, and will be clarifying those in the near future. Once we do, the options will look like the below picture, and you will be able to enter a failing exam score. That just isn't ready quite yet ;)

tl;dr: For now, use “Evaluation”, and in the future, you will be able to use “Advancement Interview” for both passing and failing.

Dan Collins

May 23, 2017 10:11:13 AM

Håkon Gulbrandsen
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - North

Thank you for the quick response!