Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: messages sent and received via judge apps

messages sent and received via judge apps

June 25, 2017 10:59:07 PM

Dave Gale
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Hi,

How do I get to messages I've sent and received via judge apps?
thanks
Dave

June 25, 2017 11:41:53 PM

Johannes Wagner
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

German-speaking countries

Check your email that you got linked with judgeapps.

June 26, 2017 03:51:12 AM

Mark Brown
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Regional Coordinator (Australia and New Zealand), Scorekeeper

Australia and New Zealand

To be clearer, JudgeApps doesn't store messages sent/received. Emails you send via JudgeApps get sent to the sender and the recipient via email. So any message you send will get sent to your email address.

June 27, 2017 09:08:03 PM

Dave Gale
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Ah I see, thanks.

Hadn't realised it was an actual email service rather than a messaging one.

Cheers.

June 22, 2018 05:04:01 AM

Stephen Tran
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Canada

Okay, so I realize that messages are sent to my email. But what's the proper way to respond to them?

I wouldn't expect that replying to the email it's sent from works, since it comes from Firstname Lastname from the noreply email address. I've tried, and suspect JudgeApps isn't clever enough to automatically email the original sender based on the name. Is the only way to respond to Judgeapps emails to manually send a Judgeapps message back?

June 22, 2018 05:57:14 AM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Originally posted by Stephen Tran:

Okay, so I realize that messages are sent to my email. But what's the proper way to respond to them?

I wouldn't expect that replying to the email it's sent from works, since it comes from Firstname Lastname from the noreply email address. I've tried, and suspect JudgeApps isn't clever enough to automatically email the original sender based on the name. Is the only way to respond to Judgeapps emails to manually send a Judgeapps message back?

Hi Stephen,

Just reply to the e-mail. If you look closer at the e-mail you have received from Judge Apps, you can see that it is set up in a way, where your client should interpret it as coming from that judge's e-mail address which they had registered with their Judge Apps account.

I will send you a test message from Judge Apps and try to play with it.

June 22, 2018 06:17:10 AM

Stephen Tran

Canada

Originally posted by Milan Majerčík:

Originally posted by Stephen Tran:

Hi Stephen,

Just reply to the e-mail. If you look closer at the e-mail you have received from Judge Apps, you can see that it is set up in a way, where your client should interpret it as coming from that judge's e-mail address which they had registered with their Judge Apps account.

I will send you a test message from Judge Apps and try to play with it.

Hi,

I replied to the email, but I don't expect you received it. Perhaps it's an issue with my client (Outlook for web, the email associated with my JA account is an old hotmail one), but it's being sent to the noreply address I mentioned above (noreply@apps.magicjudges.org).

Does this work better in Gmail? I can just change the email associated with my JA account if so (but would still recommend this looks into if that's the case).

Screenshot for reference.

Edited Stephen Tran (June 22, 2018 06:18:11 AM)

June 22, 2018 06:21:23 AM

Mark Brown
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Regional Coordinator (Australia and New Zealand), Scorekeeper

Australia and New Zealand

The way these things work is by setting a Reply-to address - so the From is noreply@apps.magicjudges.org but a properly compliant email client will reply to the address set in the Reply-to.

It may be that Outlook for Web isn't handling it properly. If you look at the mail headers (not sure how to do this in Outlook for Web) you can see if there is a Reply-to field or not.

June 23, 2018 05:40:35 AM

Stephen Tran

Canada

For anyone else following or for anyone who might stumble upon this in the future, everything is cleared up–replying to the email indeed works. There's no reply-to field, but the client knows how to handle it. Apologies to anyone who I sent duplicate messages to (but I wish someone told me I was sending them twice).

Edited Stephen Tran (June 23, 2018 05:41:05 AM)