Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Help changing candidate for an L1 test

Help changing candidate for an L1 test

Jan. 30, 2018 10:10:15 PM

Jose Luis Arrieta
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Brazil

Hello all,

Last weekend was my first time trying to get an exam from the Judge Apps in order to test a L1 candidate and since I couldn't generate the test linked to the candidate account (seems DCI number alone is not enough like it was on the old Judge Center platform), then I proceeded to generate the test with myself as candidate.

Now, I need the enter the results of the test but since the exam is linked to myself I don't know if there is a way to link the test ID to the actual candidate.

Also since the test was failed but of course it wasn't me who failed it, then I'm not able to generate more tests while the cooldown period is active (2 months I think).

Any help is appreciated

Jose Luis

Jan. 30, 2018 11:51:47 PM

Richard Drijvers
Judge (Uncertified)

BeNeLux

If nobody has contacted you yet, may I suggest you either leave feedback in
JudgeApps or contact your RC?

Kind regards,
Richard Drijvers

Op 30 jan. 2018 22:12 schreef “Jose Luis Arrieta” <

Jan. 31, 2018 01:29:55 AM

Dan Collins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

Hello,

Send me an email (“Send Email” link on my profile) with a link to the exam and the correct candidate, and I'll fix the exam.

Note that you need to type the user's name and select the correct candidate from the dropdown that appears. None of the autocomplete fields have any support for DCI numbers, and if you don't select from the dropdown, you'll see a warning appear briefly and the incorrect information will be cleared.

Dan

Jan. 31, 2018 02:28:52 AM

Dan Milavitz
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Foundry))

USA - North

I had a similar problem. I tried to make a test for someone without a judge apps account. I think I saw a warning, but it went away before I could read it and made the test. I have hit enter twice or something, I'm not quite sure. I'll send an email once I get back to my info on the candidate.

Feb. 1, 2018 04:34:26 PM

Jose Luis Arrieta
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Brazil

Originally posted by Dan Collins:

Hello,

Send me an email (“Send Email” link on my profile) with a link to the exam and the correct candidate, and I'll fix the exam.

Note that you need to type the user's name and select the correct candidate from the dropdown that appears. None of the autocomplete fields have any support for DCI numbers, and if you don't select from the dropdown, you'll see a warning appear briefly and the incorrect information will be cleared.

Dan

Dan, sent you an email with the info you requested about the test. Thanks for the help.

Also as a matter of feedback. Isn't too much of a security issue to allow candidates to have access to judge apps before they are fully certified. For what I understood from this issue that happened to me, any candidate willing to take the test has first to have access to Judge Apps in order to be able to be selected from the dropdown menu. Or an uncertified judge has restriction to forums or other resources intended for just certified judges?

Edited Jose Luis Arrieta (Feb. 1, 2018 04:39:11 PM)

Feb. 1, 2018 06:12:03 PM

Dan Collins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

Originally posted by Jose Luis Arrieta:

For what I understood from this issue that happened to me, any candidate willing to take the test has first to have access to Judge Apps in order to be able to be selected from the dropdown menu.
This is correct - candidates for Level 1 must have an active JudgeApps account because in order to advance, they need to take an exam and receive a review - both of which can only be done inside JudgeApps.

Originally posted by Jose Luis Arrieta:

Or an uncertified judge has restriction to forums or other resources intended for just certified judges?
There are some areas of the site that are limited to certified judges only, but most are available to anyone with an account.