Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Recurring Publications & Blog Posts » Post: Status of translation projects

Status of translation projects

May 7, 2013 10:23:06 AM

Juan Del Compare
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Hispanic America - South

There are several localization projects in the judge community. One of them is the localization of the Judge Center and the judge exams.
If you want to know more about this project and how you can contribute, look for it in Judge Apps (http://apps.magicjudges.org/projects/36/)

As of April 30th, 2013, the Judge Center has the following exams available in the following languages:

Easy Practice: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Chinese (simpliflied), Chinese (traditional)

Hard Practice: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Chinese (simpliflied), Chinese (traditional)

Rules Advisor: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Chinese (simpliflied)

Level 1 Practice: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Chinese (simpliflied)

Level 1: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Chinese (simpliflied), Chinese (traditional)

Missed Triggers Feb 2013: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, Italian

Policy Practice: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Chinese (simpliflied), Chinese (traditional)

Level 2 Practice: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, Russian, Italian, Chinese (simpliflied)

Level 2: Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, French, Italian, Chinese (simpliflied)

If your language does not appear in one of the tests, there is content missing to have that test available. But you can help!! If you already took that test in english, you will be available to see the content and contribute with a translation. The Judge Center has instructions on how to do it, but in case you need help, contact me and I’ll help you directly or put you in touch with your language Lead translators.

It’s difficult to assess the particular contribution of each judge to this project. Any judge can contribute with translations, and then the Translators go and edit all those questions before they go live. Also, the content is regularly updated, and the Translators go back to those returned questions and update them too. Just mantaining the content for any language is a formidable task, and for that I’d like to thank ALL the teams for the effort they put in this project.

But I’ll also take the risk and say that in the last months the biggest editors have been Kaoru Yonemura, Edwin Zhang and Sandro Manfredini. In the same time, Portuguese, Japanese, and Italian have been the languages with the most new questions available. Kudos for you! :D

If you have any question about this project, just contact me. I’m planning on sending updates on other translation projects soon.

Thanks!

Edited Juan Del Compare (May 7, 2013 10:28:20 AM)

Aug. 14, 2013 01:44:09 PM

Juan Del Compare
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Hispanic America - South

There are several localization projects in the judge community. One of
them is the localization of the Magic Judge Monthly bulletin.
If you want to know more about this project and how you can
contribute, look for it in Judge Apps
(http://apps.magicjudges.org/projects/37/)

Now that the July 2013 version of the MJM was published, look for
other months translated in their respective blogs:
le MJM en français: http://blogs.magicjudges.org/monthly-fr/
MJM em português: http://blogs.magicjudges.org/monthly-pt/
MJM en español: http://blogs.magicjudges.org/monthly-sp/

In the next weeks, these blogs will be updated with July also.

Thanks to Carlos Rada, Sophie Pages, Ivan Jovovic, Francois Grossi,
Diogo Santos, Nuno Ribeiro, and Luís Guimarãis for their
contributions!

If you have any question about this project, just contact me. I’m
planning on sending updates on other translation projects soon.

Thanks!

Aug. 30, 2013 08:45:22 AM

Juan Del Compare

Hispanic America - South

There are several localization projects in the judge community. One of them is the localization of the Comprehensive and Tournament rules. If you want to know more about this project and how you can contribute, look for it in Judge Apps (http://apps.magicjudges.org/projects/35/)

On www.dcirules.org you can see several languages, and links to the most actual documents. Actually, we have the following documents localized:

Magic Comprehensive Rules (July version): Chinese simp, French, Japanese, Italian and Spanish. Not yet last version: Portuguese (2012)

Magic Tournament Rules (July version): Chinese simp, French, Japane se, Portuguese, Spanish, German and Korean. Not yet last version: Chinese trad (2012), Italian (2012), Russian (2011).

Magic Infraction Procedure Guide (July version): Chinese simp, French, Japanese, Spanish, German and Korean. Not yet last version: Chinese trad (2012), Italian (2012), Russian (2011).

Judging at Regular (April version): Chinese simp, German, French, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish. Not yet last version: Chinese trad (2011), Italian (2011), Russian (2011).

2HG FAQ: German, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.

It’s difficult to assess the particular contribution of each judge to this project. Most languages have a team that split the documents and a coordinator or editor that checks everything and puts it all together. Just mantaining the content for any language is a formidable task, and for that I’d like to thank ALL the teams for the effort they put in this project.

But I’ll also take the risk and thank specially Edwin Zhang, Pierre Laquerre, Kaoru Yonemura, Zhaoben Xu, Farid Taoubi, Stefan Ladstaetter, Inhwan Kim, Sandro Manfredini and Carlos Rangon (coordinating a large team of portuguese-speaking judges).

If you have any question about this project, just contact me.

Enjoy!

June 3, 2014 01:51:32 PM

Juan Del Compare

Hispanic America - South

There are several localization projects in the judge community. One of them is the localization of the Comprehensive and Tournament rules. If you want to know more about this project and how you can contribute, look for it in Judge Apps (http://apps.magicjudges.org/projects/35/)

On www.dcirules.org you can see several languages, and links to the most actual documents. Actually, we have the following documents localized:

Magic Comprehensive Rules (May 2014 version): Chinese simp, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.

Magic Tournament Rules (May 2014 version): Chinese simp, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Korean. Not yet last version: Chinese trad (2012), Russian (2011).

Magic Infraction Procedure Guide (May 2014 version): Chinese simp, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Portugues, Spanish, and Korean. Not yet last version: Chinese trad (2012), Russian (2011).

Judging at Regular (Feb 2014 version): Chinese simp, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Korean. Not yet last version: Chinese trad (2011), Russian (2011).

2HG FAQ (2012 version): German, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.

It’s difficult to assess the particular contribution of each judge to this project. Most languages have a team that split the documents and a coordinator or editor that checks everything and puts it all together. Just mantaining the content for any language is a formidable task, and for that I’d like to thank ALL the teams for the effort they put in this project.

But I’ll also take the risk and credit Edwin Zhang, Pierre Laquerre, Kaoru Yonemura, Zhaoben Xu, Farid Taoubi, Stefan Ladstaetter, Inhwan Kim, Sandro Manfredini and Carlos Rangon (coordinating a large team of portuguese-speaking judges).

Enjoy!

Sept. 16, 2014 03:39:56 PM

Juan Del Compare

Hispanic America - South

Besides www.dcirules.org, we have now a new blog where we will be posting the different translations:
http://blogs.magicjudges.org/translatedrules/

Actually, we have the following documents localized:

Magic Comprehensive Rules (July 2014 version): Chinese simp, French, Italian (may 2014) Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.

Magic Tournament Rules (July 2014 version): Chinese simp, German (june 2014), French, Italian (may 2014), Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, and Korean. Not yet last version: Chinese trad (2012), Russian (2011).

Magic Infraction Procedure Guide (July 2014 version): Chinese simp, German (may 2014), French, Italian (may 2014), Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and Korean.

Judging at Regular (July 2014 version): Chinese simp, German (Feb 2014), French, Greek, Italian (Feb 2014), Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Polish and Korean.

You'll find the names of the judges involved in the blog, under “The People”.

Enjoy!

Feb. 29, 2016 03:19:51 PM

Juan Del Compare

Hispanic America - South

There are several localization projects in the judge community. One of them is the localization of the Comprehensive and Tournament rules. If you want to know more about this project and how you can contribute, look for it in Judge Apps (http://apps.magicjudges.org/projects/35/). The best way to contribute is to let everybody know about the project, so judges can use these rules in their native language.

Besides www.dcirules.org, we have now a blog where we will be posting the different translations:
http://blogs.magicjudges.org/translatedrules/

Actually, we have several documents localized: Magic Comprehensive Rules, Magic Tournament Rules, Magic Infraction Procedure Guide, Judging at Regular and the Magic Judge Code. Most of this documents have versions in Chinese, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.

You'll find the names of the judges involved in the blog, under “The People”, but these people helped during 2015 (hope I'm not missing anyone!):
Hao Du
Zhaoben Xu
Farid Taoubi
Eleonora Windler
Patrick Morina
Sophie Pages
Loïc Hervier
Mikaël Rabie
Theo Cheng
Sylvain Boisbourdin
Florian Horn
Sandro Manfredini
Andrea Sciarrotta
Kaoru Yonemura
Inhwan Kim
Krzysztof Ciesielka
Łukasz Bylica
Carlos Rangon
Tomas Paim
Antonio Zanutto
Philippe Monlevade
Arman Gabbasov
Lev Kotlyar
Alexey Chernyshov
Juan Del Compare

Enjoy!

Feb. 29, 2016 03:25:09 PM

Juan Del Compare

Hispanic America - South

Another translation project that help judges be more up-to-date with what's happening in the community is the Magic Judge Monthly translation. Every month, a group of dedicated judges work to create a localized version of this newsletter. You can find it in http://blogs.magicjudges.org/blog/category/magic-judge-monthly/?lang=en and within each article you can select the language available. There is some delay between the english and the translated versions, but we're working on minimizing that delay. During 2015, these amazing judges helped bring those localized versions to life. Thanks!

Español: Federico Verdini
中文(繁體): Hao Du, Lei Zhou, Yi Tong
Deutsch: Markus Dietrich, Christian Genz
Francais: Loic Hervier, Cyril Germain, Sylvain Boibourdin
Italiano:Luca Chiassoni, Jacopo Traviglia, Giulio Tedeschi, Ble Iwika Kiwi (a copy from Italian Magic Judges)
Português: Diogo Santos, Nuno Ribeiro, Inês Aguiar Branco, Luís Guimarãis
Русский: Witas Spasovsk, Arseniy Egorov
Coordination: Juan Del Compare