Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: WER - DCI Suspended players

WER - DCI Suspended players

June 11, 2013 10:20:30 PM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know how much time does it take till the player database on the server side is updated with information of DCI suspensions/bannings?

A player has been suspended recently in the Czech Republic (DCI# 6300242504) and he can still be added to a tournament without the warning message.

Then I tried DCI# 6102260926 that has been suspended for more than a month and it still shows no warning (!).

The feature itself is working (e.g. DCI# 1202709438 shows the warning).

This looks like a serious bug - if I had not known from other sources that the player had been suspended, I would have let him play in the tournament…

June 11, 2013 10:38:29 PM

Eric Shukan
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northeast

I can tell you what happens from the schedule of the Investigations Committee (IC):

As of the last days of each month (for example May), we wrap up the previous months cases (April, in this example) and send recommendations to WotC. WotC considers the recommendations, and then formulates letters (Warning Letters, Suspension letters) and puts in an order to send out the letters by email and update the web page.

Somewhwere before the 15th of the next month (June, in this example), the letters are sent and the webpage is updated. These may be a few days apart, but usually are very close. This month they happened around June 5th, which was an excellent turnaround time on WotC's end. Superb, actually!

As for the OPIS database that WER connects to and the suspension indicator in WER…I have no knowledge of that, and I'll leave that for Eric Sorensen to discuss. Or maybe someone familiar with WER can chime in. The IC is not in any way involved in the software or OPIS database update.

Hope that helps a bit. Remember, too, that you can always email me at eshukan@verizon.net if you have any questions about the investigations process.

Eric Shukan
Investigations, Lead