Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Global Announcements » Post: Two new L3s; Josh Stansfield and Bryan Prillaman

Two new L3s; Josh Stansfield and Bryan Prillaman

June 25, 2013 11:02:39 AM

Christopher Richter
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - North

Two new L3s; Josh Stansfield and Bryan Prillaman

Hopefully not overshadowed by the two GPs this weekend, one of which received quite a lot of hype and exposure, is that we have two new L3s to celebrate. Here's some words from the regional coordinators of Josh Stansfield and Bryan Prillaman.

From the Southwest US RC, Sean Catanese:
Originally posted by Sean Catanese:

I met Josh at a SCG Open in early 2011. He did so well on his L1 exam that I had to pretend he'd missed questions so we'd have something to discuss. He was the 75th judge in California, pushing Riki Hayashi over the top to win a contest arranged with David de la Iglesia in Spain. Josh has been relentless in his efforts to improve the rules knowledge across the judge program., contributing through the Knowledge Pool, Rules Tips Blog, and myriad other ways large and small. His leadership in the greater Los Angeles area has been important to the region's development and cohesion, and that will only get stronger with this achievement.

And from the Southeast US, RC Justin Turner:
Justin Turner
I met Bryan Prillaman at a Star City 5k in 2010. He was set to shadow Michael Fortino as an L0 and took his test on Sunday. He passed and we welcomed him as one of the first members of the new Florida Judge Crew. From that point forward, Prillaman was always a voice of reason and fun. He originally tested to be the rules guy for his casual emporer/EDH group, but has turned into one of the most active judges in the state. I've had many great talks with him and have always been happy to floor judge for him or have him floor judge for me at any event. I've used him as a sounding board for many ideas I've had since being Regional Coordinator and I always appreciate his insights. He brings a dizzying amount of analytical intelligence to any situation he is presented with and has already done great things for the program. I only hope at L3, there are more opportunities for Bryan to shine. Congratulations Bryan, you've earned it and then some.

Congratulations to both of our new L3s!

-Chris

Edited Christopher Richter (June 25, 2013 11:02:57 AM)