Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Regular REL » Post: Determining game result randomly in non-sanctioned tournament

Determining game result randomly in non-sanctioned tournament

Jan. 14, 2019 02:58:20 AM

Che Wei Sung
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Greater China

Last week, I saw two players join a small non-sanctioned tournament and TO provide some prize for winners. Because one of them did not have time to finish the match, they decided to determine the winner through rolling dice. I am surely both of them know the tournament rule but still do like that.
Since it was not a sanctioned tournament, I could not give them DQ but just verbal warning. Is there any better way to deal with this situation?

Jan. 14, 2019 03:19:05 AM

Francesco Scialpi
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Italy and Malta

Originally posted by Che Wei Sung:

Last week, I saw two players join a small non-sanctioned tournament and TO provide some prize for winners. Because one of them did not have time to finish the match, they decided to determine the winner through rolling dice. I am surely both of them know the tournament rule but still do like that.
Since it was not a sanctioned tournament, I could not give them DQ but just verbal warning. Is there any better way to deal with this situation?

If the tournament is un-sanctioned, that's a TO concern.
I would tell the TO, and they should know best.

Jan. 14, 2019 03:16:33 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

I think I'd make sure they understood the severity of what they just did, and what would have happened if the event were sanctioned. Beyond that, it's really a TO issue, as Francesco observed.

d:^D
  • Index
  • » Regular REL
  • » Determining game result randomly in non-sanctioned tournament