Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Knowledge Pool Scenarios » Post: Setessan... Something - SILVER

Setessan... Something - SILVER

Dec. 20, 2013 01:17:21 PM

Sal Cortez
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

USA - Southwest

Setessan... Something - SILVER

Haven't read other responses, I'll go through them after this is posted :) First posting here, don't mind me if I derp it up a bit ^^

Well first off, it's clearly a TE Deck / Decklist error, which is normally a game loss. However, after investigating and finding that it's a simple name mix-up and the player admits he didn't notice, I don't think he (or she) was trying to pull a fast one. I'd probably downgrade it to a warning and fix the deck list. Being in the sideboard doesn't have much to do with it, but it does make it less likely that the player was trying to cheat by switching out a card and less likely that he just so happened to have a card with the same first word. Of course this all changes depending on the player's attitude, demeanor, and if the judge suspects the card WAS swapped out (but here assuming this is not the case). Then it would be cheating, and much more severe than a deck error or a game loss.

Basically, it is a simple mistake that doesn't really warrant the GL penalty, and should be downgraded to a warning.

EDIT: Ah, I see I'm a bit late to the party. I completely forgot about the deck swap, so it looks like the actual error was not his fault, though he should have paid more attention to his list before deck construction.

Edited Sal Cortez (Dec. 20, 2013 01:34:49 PM)