Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Un-official Announcements » Post: Lunch n' Learn lunches . . . I mean launches tomorrow!

Lunch n' Learn lunches . . . I mean launches tomorrow!

March 12, 2014 02:53:45 PM

Steven Briggs
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Central

On Thursday (tomorrow) I will be hosting my first judge Lunch n' Learn session. Lunch n' Learn is a half-hour session every Tuesday and Thursday, with each session consisting of a different topic pertaining to Magic judging, event organization, leadership, and many other subjects. Thanks to Legion Events for supporting the start of this endeavor and the power of WebEx by Cisco, we will have space for 100 participants for the conference session.

Thursday's topic is “Feedback vs. Criticism - A Different Approach to Reviews.” It will be live from 1pm-2pm EST. You will need to download an application, so arrive a few minutes early so you can do that. The URL and Meeting Number are listed below, and you will be given the option to either stream audio through your computer or call in to have audio on your phone instead. Hope to see you there tomorrow!

https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/meetings/detail?uuid=MAUEDS1X8EBN2STOW4K7FIDN23-4O2&rnd=568763.46466

Meeting Number: 195 064 758

March 12, 2014 03:08:14 PM

Philip Ockelmann
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

German-speaking countries

For us europeans, 1pm or 13.00 EST (GMT-5) translates to 6pm or 18.00 CET (GMT+1). I hope we are invited, too ;).

For our asian friends, this translates to 3am on FRIDAY in Japan, or 2am on FRIDAY in China respectively.

Just to save people the hussle of googling it themselves :).

March 12, 2014 03:31:57 PM

Chris Nowak
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

USA - Midatlantic

I was going to say that trying to wrangle 100 callers to do anything productive in a conference call within half an hour would be … ambitious.

But it looks like you're blocking out an hour for that half hour. Well played. =)

I really like this idea, and hope I can rearrange my own meetings to make time for it.

Will this instance of Webex include a chat channel? If you intend to have room for Q&A (or similar) having a side-channel for managing who has the floor can be handy with large numbers of callers, or for managing technical issues.

March 12, 2014 03:42:31 PM

Vincent Roscioli
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Originally posted by Philip Körte:

For us europeans, 1pm or 13.00 EST (GMT-5) translates to 6pm or 18.00 CET (GMT+1).

It's worth noting that this is probably actually at 1pm EDT which is GMT -4. (The WebEx site confirms that this is the case.)

March 13, 2014 01:46:42 AM

Thomas Ralph
Judge (Level 3 (UK Magic Officials)), Scorekeeper

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

That is true, although despite the inaccurate, the time equivalence Philip posted is correct (18:00 CET). Europe has not gone onto daylight savings yet.