Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: MTG: Judge Core App for Android

MTG: Judge Core App for Android

April 17, 2016 07:29:37 AM

Kurt Vooys
Judge (Uncertified)

BeNeLux

I hope this is the right place to post, but today I noticed that the new double-faced card rulings are not yet updated (711 and on). Other than that I've found the app extremely useful and fast!

May 17, 2016 04:30:05 PM

Alexis Hunt
Judge (Uncertified)

Canada

I appears to me that the OGW update didn't update the Oracle text of a lot of old cards that produce colorless mana (Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, for instance).

Additionally, a feature request: Is it possible to include the PEIP as a document? It doesn't come up often, but I do find myself wanting to reference it occasionally.

Thanks!

May 17, 2016 04:40:38 PM

Johannes Wagner
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

German-speaking countries

Just for some that are interested:
MTGFamiliar added the ability to take a photo of a card to find it. (at least in the Android Version, dunno about the IOS Version)

May 20, 2016 02:58:59 AM

Andrew Teo
Judge (Uncertified), Tournament Organizer

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Sean Hunt:

I appears to me that the OGW update didn't update the Oracle text of a lot of old cards that produce colorless mana (Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, for instance).

Additionally, a feature request: Is it possible to include the PEIP as a document? It doesn't come up often, but I do find myself wanting to reference it occasionally.

Thanks!
I'll be doing an update for the Oracle text of the old cards that produce colorless mana. It's going to be a pretty long process where I'd have to download data from the Gatherer site for each and every related card so it might take a while…

PEIP = Premier Event Invitation Policy? I guess that should be minimal work considering how often it doesn't change. I'll incorporate it into the next update.

Johannes Wagner
Just for some that are interested:
MTGFamiliar added the ability to take a photo of a card to find it. (at least in the Android Version, dunno about the IOS Version)
I've looked it up, and they are using TutorCards, which is basically an online functionality of it. I believe it should be integrated into the iOS version since it's an external access. I don't think I'll be adding this in as it would encompass needing an Internet connection, which I'm avoiding as this app was meant as a totally offline tool.

May 21, 2016 08:56:47 AM

Talia Parkinson
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Northwest

Another document that would be cool would be the Judge Code of Conduct. When working with L1 candidates, it's nice to have a copy to pull up and show them.

July 5, 2016 09:22:34 AM

Matt Wells
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southeast

Feature Request; I know nothing of coding, but would it be possible to have an option to switch the coloring of the text/background (so we would have the option to have white background with black text)?

July 9, 2016 01:39:12 PM

Peter Vogl
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Hi a Friend recently asked if there is another App thats equal to MTG: Judge Core App that also includes new FAQ's would be awesome if someone knows and could tell me :)

July 19, 2016 02:45:58 PM

Dennis Vaccaro
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Central

Slight bug report:

Gaea's Revenge incorrectly doesn't include Standard in its list of legal formats, it's correct on Gatherer. I haven't investigated to see if this issue is present for other cards.

July 29, 2016 02:38:59 PM

Max Harmony
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southeast

Feature request: Please add left and right margins. I know margins eat up space, but text running to the edge of the screen is harder to read.

Edited Max Harmony (July 29, 2016 02:39:28 PM)

Aug. 5, 2016 08:19:49 AM

Dirk Schlösser
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

I've got a bug report (kind of): The rules clarifications of Banisher Priest are missing.

Aug. 5, 2016 06:06:54 PM

Charlotte Sable
Judge (Level 3 (Magic Judges Finland))

Europe - North

Hanweir Battlements's oracle text shows as the oracle text for Hanweir, the
Writhing Township.

Aug. 10, 2016 10:55:06 AM

Mark Mason

USA - Midatlantic

Suddenly when I try to open the Rules & IPG I get an error reading: An error has occurred loading the file. Please try again. Further attempts yields the same outcome. And, for the first time ever, the app has been crashing.

Thoughts? Fixes?

Aug. 11, 2016 08:46:31 AM

Matt Braddock
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper

USA - Midatlantic

Originally posted by Mark Mason:

Suddenly when I try to open the Rules & IPG I get an error reading: An error has occurred loading the file. Please try again. Further attempts yields the same outcome. And, for the first time ever, the app has been crashing.

Do you have version 0.9628 (the most current version)? I'm on Android 6.0.1 with that version and have no problems whatsoever.

If you are up-to-date, I would consider uninstalling and reinstalling the application, in case something is corrupt.

Aug. 17, 2016 02:12:36 PM

Mark Mason

USA - Midatlantic

Uninstalling and reinstalling worked. Thank you, Mr. Matt

Aug. 17, 2016 02:28:34 PM

Mark Moroz
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy))

Russia and Russian-speaking countries

Thank you very much. Great application, everything what I need in one small program, good work.