Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: MTG: Judge Core App for Android

MTG: Judge Core App for Android

June 18, 2014 01:01:24 AM

Andrew Teo
Judge (Uncertified), Tournament Organizer

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Julio Sosa:

Thank you Andrew.

Another question:
I've seen the updated app on my tablet and I find quite uncomfortable to have every paragraph separated on each section. Though it is easier to spot a single particular rule, it gets quite difficult to use the copy-paste feature.
Will it be possible to have, each point of a rule(that is to say, for example with rule 101.4, 101.4a,b,c,d)?

Cheers!

Actually, the previous versions listed all points under the same rule as you have mentioned.
However, as certain devices might have limited operating memory available, it would crash on them as certain rules segments are quite huge.
I'm looking at ways to improve the structuring and how my scraping program can process it “intelligently”. If my work schedule isn't too tight until the next release, I should be able to update it with an improved structuring layout in the next release.

Sept. 17, 2014 09:56:52 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Update for KtK is available now.

On the to-do list:
Better structuring of CR
Font size settings

March 30, 2015 01:01:02 PM

Matt Braddock
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper

USA - Midatlantic

At an event this weekend, I discovered that cards like Dryad Arbor and Pact of Negation do not have a color indicator listed anywhere. I assume the text of “(card) is (color)” went away in the app when color indicators were introduced, however, there is no text for color indicators at all in the app.

Edited Matt Braddock (March 30, 2015 01:01:22 PM)

March 30, 2015 09:56:45 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Matt Braddock:

At an event this weekend, I discovered that cards like Dryad Arbor and Pact of Negation do not have a color indicator listed anywhere. I assume the text of “(card) is (color)” went away in the app when color indicators were introduced, however, there is no text for color indicators at all in the app.
Hmm…that's interesting. I'll take a look at this. Thanks :)

EDIT:
Matt, the Gatherer entry's fixed, and I've done some tune-up to the way the database is accessed for the CR, especially 701 and 702. The update should be available and go live on the Play store in about 4 hours' time.

Edited Andrew Teo (March 31, 2015 02:03:44 AM)

March 31, 2015 11:04:44 AM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Ok, apparently Google has flagged the app as:
This is a notification that your application submission, MTG Judge Core App, for package ID com.ndrue.gathereroffline, has been rejected. If this submission was an update to an existing app, the version published prior to this update is still available on Google Play.

Please address the issue described below, then submit an update with your changes.

REASON FOR REJECTION:Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the IP infringement and impersonation policy help article for more information.

Your app and/or elements of its listing on Google Play, including title, description, logo(s), or promotional screenshots must not include unauthorized usage of protected works belonging to a third party.
Your app icon and promotional screenshots must not contain images that appear confusingly similar to existing products.

Protected work could typically include product names, brands, images, logos, music, and similar works.
This might take some time to resolve. Apparently somehow something went wrong after 3 years. This is much of a headache.

April 1, 2015 01:16:12 AM

Maykel .
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

Southeast Asia

Hope the copyright issue can be fixed soon.

I really need your apps, Drew..
And I've been recommending it to all the judges that I've certified..

(some of them even plan to buy an android phone/tablet, just so they can download this app!)

Thanks for the hardwork!
Cheers

April 1, 2015 01:36:09 AM

Piotr Łopaciuk
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Europe - Central

I'm missing an app like this for Windows Phone. I'm keeping my old Android phone jest to have it available when judging.
Maybe sharing the current version as an .apk would be a temporary solution? I hope your problem goes away ASAP. :)

April 1, 2015 02:11:41 AM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Update: It went through. Apparently Google flagged my usage of the “DCI” logo as an impersonation.
In further self-analysis, I guess there is merit to that flagging; used that logo as it was used by Alexei in the past.
Looking at the possibility of using the Judge Apps “J.” instead for future releases instead if possible.

Latest version: 0.96

Originally posted by Piotr Łopaciuk:

I'm missing an app like this for Windows Phone. I'm keeping my old Android phone jest to have it available when judging.
Maybe sharing the current version as an .apk would be a temporary solution? I hope your problem goes away ASAP. :)
So sorry for the trouble, but I'm currently looking at porting it over to HTML5 with the help of another judge who contacted me on this, but don't keep your hopes up, as I'm not sure how cross-platform do-able this move might be.

April 1, 2015 10:29:30 AM

Keng Siang Ooi
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Piotr Łopaciuk:

MTGBugs NEXT is the closest app you can get in Windows Phone currently.

May 24, 2015 10:58:08 PM

Lyle Waldman
Judge (Uncertified)

Canada

There seems to be a bug with Judge Core. Whenever I go to try to update the database it crashes the app. Is anyone else having this issue?

My phone is Sony XPeria Compact, OS 4.4.4 (latest available for my phone)

May 25, 2015 08:23:42 AM

Matt Braddock
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper

USA - Midatlantic

Originally posted by Lyle Waldman:

There seems to be a bug with Judge Core. Whenever I go to try to update the database it crashes the app. Is anyone else having this issue?

Have you tried updating through the Google Play store? I don't bother with trying to update the database through the app.

Phone: OnePlus One

June 3, 2015 03:53:00 AM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Lyle Waldman:

Yeah, it crashes because I don't have a site to host the database files outside of the Play store. I've been meaning to remove that option from the app but keep forgetting. I'll make a mental note to do so for the next update.

In the meanwhile, the only solution is to update the app via the Play Store. I usually release updates (Oracle cards and set's FAQ) on Fridays (which is the pre-release day) for new sets, then another release (CR, IPG, MTR) shortly after about 1-2 days after the official documents have been updated.

June 3, 2015 05:23:40 AM

Jeff S Higgins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), TLC

USA - Northwest

Some Oracle text is out of date, namely for Ashcloud Phoenix. I can't confirm other cards are incorrect.

June 3, 2015 05:36:34 AM

Ernst Jan Plugge
Judge (Uncertified)

BeNeLux

Considering how useful this app is to so many judges, could the database files be hosted on judgeapps?

Failing that, feel free to PM me, I have a place to host them.

June 3, 2015 06:51:48 AM

Juan Del Compare
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Hispanic America - South

> Considering how useful this app is to so many judges, could the database
> files be hosted on judgeapps?
>
> Failing that, feel free to PM me, I have a place to host them.

Same here. PM me if you want to evaluate if we can host it on dcirules.org