Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: MTG: Judge Core App for Android

MTG: Judge Core App for Android

Feb. 28, 2013 09:38:10 PM

Andrew Teo
Judge (Uncertified), Tournament Organizer

Southeast Asia

Hey Nathaniel, I've sent an update to the Play Store. Do update and have a go, the hardware “Enter” key should be captured now, and other stuffs cleaned up too at the same time.

March 8, 2013 06:01:07 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

As JudgeBooklet.com just got updated with the new stuffs, I've updated and added the new sections (MTs) to the app.
Please do a full update of the app, as checking for database updates will not do for this round of updates.
Also, I made a quick app for note-taking during events that's available in the “Add-On” section of the updated app.

April 24, 2013 06:17:02 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

With the advent of Dragon's Maze, the database and app has been updated with its FAQ.
Now I'm just waiting for Gatherer to provide the official Oracle data before plugging it in too.

April 24, 2013 06:31:35 PM

Kim Warren
Judge (Uncertified)

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Thanks, Andrew :)

April 24, 2013 06:45:30 PM

Josh Stansfield
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southwest

Gatherer has been updated with DGM, in case you didn't already know that. :) Not sure the process for getting that data into a usable format, so ignore me if that information isn't helpful… ;)

Oh, and Thanks!

Edited Josh Stansfield (April 24, 2013 06:45:49 PM)

April 25, 2013 02:22:30 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Kim Warren:

Thanks, Andrew :)
No problem :D

Josh Stansfield
Gatherer has been updated with DGM, in case you didn't already know that. :) Not sure the process for getting that data into a usable format, so ignore me if that information isn't helpful… ;)
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (/ *O*)/ I must have been blind, or I was referring to my cached data D:
Scraping it off Gatherer now…might take a while for me to manually check the validity of the data before it goes live D:

May 10, 2013 04:06:09 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Hey guys, just a quick update, the latest version is 0.78, so do update if you haven't done so.
The updated CR, IPG and MTR are on it too. Also added is the simple JAR document.
On the side, a fix due to the usage of an erroneous library has been implemented, and the option to turn off the annoying notification.
:)

July 10, 2013 04:51:49 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Just want to let you guys know that the Gatherer update for M14 has been completed. Also, it's good to update the app once in a while. You can refer to the first post for update details :D

July 10, 2013 06:18:31 PM

Josh Stansfield
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southwest

Thanks for your continued support of the Magic Judge Core App, Andrew! I know many, many judges who really appreciate your hard work on this, including me. :)

July 10, 2013 06:44:44 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Josh Stansfield:

Thanks for your continued support of the Magic Judge Core App, Andrew! I know many, many judges who really appreciate your hard work on this, including me. :)
No problem, it's just good to help everyone. I'm also improving myself through this, since I get to brush up on my programming too. Looking into developing a new feature for this, but it might take a while to implement, considering how complicated it might turn out to be.

July 10, 2013 08:34:39 PM

Jorge Requesens
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program))

Iberia

Thank you very much. It is REALLY useful :-)

July 11, 2013 02:56:37 AM

Josh McCurley
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

USA - Northeast

Thank you so much for keeping this up to date!

Every time I certify a new L1 I make sure to point them to this app. It has come in handy so many times.

July 11, 2013 03:12:36 AM

Jacob Faturechi
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Southwest

Forget L1s. I tell anyone with a smartphone about it.

July 12, 2013 08:27:13 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Thank you guys for the kind words, really makes me feel appreciated for doing this up :)

Hoping the upcoming function I'm going to implement will be smooth. Huge function addition coming up…

Anyhow, sorry for the constant bumping of this thread, but the database for the latest CR, IPG, and MTR is updated and available for updating.

Edited Andrew Teo (July 12, 2013 08:27:59 PM)

Sept. 20, 2013 01:22:45 AM

Fry
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Australia and New Zealand

Is it possible to have an option to hide or collapse the gatherer rulings, for when players ask for Oracle text?