Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: MTG: Judge Core App for Android

MTG: Judge Core App for Android

July 18, 2015 01:46:53 PM

Matt Braddock
Judge (Uncertified), Scorekeeper

USA - Midatlantic

X in the mana cost is showing up as variable cost. See image.

Aug. 1, 2015 07:24:43 AM

Anniek Van der Peijl
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy))

BeNeLux

I hope this is the right place for a bug report.
It seems that at least one section of the rules is missing from the comprehensive rules. I was looking for banding (don't ask) and in the app that's rule 702.21a through 702.21h. However in the actual comprehensive rules it's rule 702.21a through 702.21m, so I'm missing i through m in the app.
I have not had time to check other sections for completeness.

Or did I just spoil your secret ploy to very quietly erase banding from magic?

Aug. 3, 2015 01:04:55 PM

Josh Stansfield
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southwest

EDIT: The CR only omits “l (L)” and “o” because of confusion with 1 and 0. So my thoughts on why this might have happened don't actually make any sense. :P

This is likely caused by the fact that the Comp Rules omit “i” and “l (L)” in subrules because of potential confusion with 1, so any subrules that go past “h” might confuse the app and make it think there's a break to a new rule.

So you're not missing “i” through “m”, you're just missing j, k and m.

Edited Josh Stansfield (Aug. 3, 2015 01:10:05 PM)

Aug. 3, 2015 01:05:59 PM

Alexis Hunt
Judge (Uncertified)

Canada

Another bug: The planeswalker side of the DFCs in Origins have the wrong mana cost/type.

Aug. 10, 2015 09:04:45 AM

Tim Zimmerman
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

USA - Southeast

Whenever the MTR or IPG gets updated I need to manually update the app by reinstalling it from the google play store, instead of going into the app>setting & misc>options and updates>check for database updates. When I try to update from inside the app I get the following notification: internal app checking has been disabled.

This may be a problem with my device (Samsung Galaxy S3) and not the app, but does anyone know how to enable automatic updates for the app? It gets annoying having to reinstall it from google play every time policy gets updated.

Aug. 11, 2015 03:02:08 AM

Andrew Teo
Judge (Uncertified), Tournament Organizer

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Matt Braddock:

X in the mana cost is showing up as variable cost. See image.
Will be fixing the database on that issue. Apparently my scraping didn't catch that.
Anniek Van der Peijl
I hope this is the right place for a bug report.
It seems that at least one section of the rules is missing from the comprehensive rules. I was looking for banding (don't ask) and in the app that's rule 702.21a through 702.21h. However in the actual comprehensive rules it's rule 702.21a through 702.21m, so I'm missing i through m in the app.
I have not had time to check other sections for completeness.

Or did I just spoil your secret ploy to very quietly erase banding from magic?
I'll look into this. The whole 702 section was a nightmare to breakdown. It was never my secret ploy, I love banding Icatian Infantries with my Force of Nature in the past to block :P
Sean Hunt
Another bug: The planeswalker side of the DFCs in Origins have the wrong mana cost/type.
Right, got it, will be releasing a fix when I get home from work tonight on this. DFCs and flip cards since Kamigawa have been quite annoying to scrape…
Tim Zimmerman
Whenever the MTR or IPG gets updated I need to manually update the app by reinstalling it from the google play store, instead of going into the app>setting & misc>options and updates>check for database updates. When I try to update from inside the app I get the following notification: internal app checking has been disabled.

This may be a problem with my device (Samsung Galaxy S3) and not the app, but does anyone know how to enable automatic updates for the app? It gets annoying having to reinstall it from google play every time policy gets updated.
For now, you could go into the Play Store app, pull out the menu from the top left, select “Settings”. Under there should be certain options, one of which is “Auto-update apps”, where you can choose to let your apps auto update over Wi-Fi. Also, there's another option lower down which lets you choose to be notified when app updates are available, under “Notifications” > “App updates available”.

Sorry for the blunder this time round, was rushing out stuffs at work too.

There should be an update on the Play Store in 24 hours' time with the fixes.

Edited Andrew Teo (Aug. 11, 2015 08:46:47 AM)

Aug. 11, 2015 10:07:49 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

All issues mentioned have been fixed. The updated app with updated database is already available in the Play Store.
Sorry for the blunder.

Aug. 12, 2015 09:27:13 AM

Juergen Wierz
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

German-speaking countries

No need to be sorry, you are putting in a lot of effort and this tool helped me (and I'm sure many other Judges too) quiet a bit over the years. Thank you for your work!

Edited Juergen Wierz (Aug. 12, 2015 09:27:42 AM)

Aug. 12, 2015 09:59:48 AM

Richard Drijvers
Judge (Uncertified)

BeNeLux

Just want to echo Juergen's words here.

No need for sorry for bugs. That's what happens when programming.

Thank you for all your efforts!

Kind regards,
Richard Drijvers
BeNeLux Regional Coordinator
Op 12 aug. 2015 15:25 schreef “Juergen Wierz” <

Aug. 19, 2015 07:55:01 AM

François-Xavier Martin
Judge (Uncertified)

France

Just dropped by to say thank you for your impressive and freakingly usefull app ;)
Congratz on the job done !

Aug. 28, 2015 02:30:30 PM

David Shor
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Europe - East

This is a really cool App. I downloaded it a yesterday and I really looked at it now. It has so much useful information which is made to be read very easily. A great app!

Oct. 24, 2015 03:45:51 AM

Sylvain BOISBOURDIN
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

France

As everyone, just Than you!
But I have a question!

Is it possible to download the apk file to install it on a back-up device not connected to internet?

Dec. 9, 2015 05:15:26 AM

Claudi Cisneros Camps
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper

Iberia

I miss Commander 2015 card set and faq. It is possible to upload it? Thank you!

Dec. 16, 2015 10:22:38 PM

Andrew Teo

Southeast Asia

Originally posted by Sylvain BOISBOURDIN:

Is it possible to download the apk file to install it on a back-up device not connected to internet?
So sorry for the late reply; haven't been checking the forums recently…
I'm afraid it's not possible for now. Maybe connecting that device to a local or home wifi would be a good alternative to installing the app? It will run perfectly fine offline after it's installed.

Claudi Cisneros Camps
I miss Commander 2015 card set and faq. It is possible to upload it? Thank you!
Yeah, that…see, I was too busy at work and totally missed the C2015 release, and realised it too late. I'll include them in the OGW update that's coming very soon :)

Jan. 18, 2016 09:41:52 AM

Claudi Cisneros Camps
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper

Iberia

I've got it! :) Thank you! Some cards are played in Eternal formats and the app is easier for finding Oracle than looking for it on a PC.