Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: Starfield of Nyx + Enchantment creature

Starfield of Nyx + Enchantment creature

July 2, 2015 10:25:24 AM

Brock Ullom
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

USA - Pacific Northwest

With all the new spoilers coming out people are asking judges how different cards would interact with each other. While I was answering a question about Demonic pact I was asked this question; "How does Starfield of nyx (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may return target enchantment card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
As long as you control five or more enchantments, each other non-Aura enchantment you control is a creature in addition to its other types and has base power and base toughness equal to its converted mana cost. work with cards such as Nyx-Fleece Ram? Does the ram stay a 0/5 or does he become a 2/2? My initial thought was that it became a 2/2 in layer 7B but I wasn't 100% sure.

Edited Brock Ullom (July 2, 2015 10:27:32 AM)

July 2, 2015 10:27:17 AM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Southwest

Spoilers create a “need” for rules answers before they're readily available; please wait at least for the FAQ to be published, before asking questions about new cards, new mechanics, and (especially) new rules.

Thanks!

July 10, 2015 12:23:36 PM

Nathan Long
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southwest

Your intuition is correct. We apply the creature's own power and toughness first, then we apply the effect from the Starfield. In this case, the Ram is going to be a 2/2, since its converted mana cost is 2.

Nathan Long
Wizards.Com Boards NetRep