Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Tournament Operations » Post: MTR - New responsibility for Tournament Organizers regarding Match Slips

MTR - New responsibility for Tournament Organizers regarding Match Slips

July 18, 2015 07:14:16 PM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Hello!

Among others, there is this new addition in MTR:

Originally posted by MTR:

The Tournament Organizer of a tournament is responsible for all tournament logistics including:

• Saving match result slips from each tournament for a period of 6 months (to aid in match appeals).

As MTR applies to all sorts of sanctioned tournaments, what should I do in case that result slips are not used in a tournament? Is there any official advice?

Thanks!

Milan Majercik

July 19, 2015 07:12:03 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

This is not a change - I recall having to save result slips when I was running PTQs and such, years ago.

You do not have to use result slips for events, but I strongly recommend doing so for any event that draws outside your local, regular crowd. Things like GPTs, PPTQs, Super IQs - it's just a Best Practice to do this.

And, when you use slips, save them for six months.

d:^D

July 20, 2015 02:42:49 PM

Philip Ockelmann
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

German-speaking countries

If result slips are not used, storing the results in other paper form is a possibility. Usually, we do not use result entry slips if there are so little people that it's actually both a waste of paper and time. In that case, we have the players write their results on a single pairings by table sheet that can be stored. While those are not exactly result slips, they do serve the same purpose.

July 20, 2015 06:04:48 PM

Gordon Lugauer
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy))

USA - North

Originally posted by Milan Majerčík:

for a period of 6 months

Wearing my TO/store owner hat here.

6 months? Um, no, we've never done that. A day or two, maybe a week, until we're certain the event has uploaded correctly. Having to store and file 6 months worth of event slips would be daunting. How serious is this requirement, and its violation?

July 20, 2015 06:09:43 PM

Kevin Binswanger
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - South

If you're looking for members of this group to tell you to not worry about
this requirement, you're not going to get it.

If you have questions about your responsibilities as a TO or store owner,
you should contact the WPN.

July 20, 2015 06:44:10 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

Originally posted by Gordon Lugauer:

How serious is this requirement, and its violation?
Quite serious. If a player protests the reported result, and you can't provide evidence that it was correctly reported, it gets kinda messy. I've never had that happen, so I can't speak to specifics. My advice? Just comply with a simple regulation.

Beyond that, what Kevin said - contact your WPN rep and discuss your obligations as a TO/store owner.

d:^D