Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: DEC understand remedy.

DEC understand remedy.

July 29, 2015 09:03:41 PM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Southwest

DEC understand remedy.

(Apparently, someone else already deleted the original post in this forum, then I unknowingly deleted what I thought was a duplicate post in the Comp REL forum; I believe it's fine in this forum, since it's an ‘O’fficial answer to a rules question that was seeking an answer.)

Regarding the phrasing of:
“If the cards were drawn as part of the legal resolution of an illegally played instruction, due to a Communication Policy Violation, or were as the result of resolving objects on the stack or multiple-instruction effects in an incorrect order, a backup may be considered and no further action is taken.”

I am confirming that the last phrase, “a backup may be considered and no further action is taken” is a complete and conclusive sentence, and it does apply to scenarios that match the listed criteria. If you choose not to backup, then “no further action is taken” still applies - i.e., you would leave things as they are.

If a scenario does not match those criteria, then the (new) remedy may be applied. (That's why that next part begins with “Otherwise,”…)

d:^D