Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Running WER at a Store you ahve never worked with before

Running WER at a Store you ahve never worked with before

Jan. 29, 2017 06:18:37 AM

Robert Langmaid
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Canada

So, the last PPTQ I ran, I almost ran into a big problem. The Person who normally works at the store on the day of the event, was not able to work that day, and it was my first time running a pptq at the store as well. Anyway, the person working did not know the log in for the store, and when I logged in to wer, I couldn't find the store on my list to run the event. (Luckily one of the players in the event knew the log in info.) Is there way way to search for events in wer to run them, or do I need to get stores to add me as a scorekeeper for their stores in advance of the events?

Jan. 29, 2017 06:33:57 AM

Bryan Prillaman
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Southeast

Graham, telling a store to “up their game” isn't really helpful unless you also provide some direction. Stores are seldom disorganized by choice. Many errors are only obvious in hindsight.

Robert, I would just ask the store to write the login/password down somewhere where store employees can access it. That way it doesn't matter who is at the store, the event can continue.

———————————————
This space intentionally left blank

Jan. 29, 2017 08:55:19 AM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Just my 2 cents.

I am an IT professional and my opinion on this matter is: please, do not propose to the TO to share their login information among larger group of individuals. Makes my hair stand on end :-D

Do not forget that this login information is used for all access in WotC services (Judge Center, Planeswalker points…). The most proper solution would probably be, to have individual store employees granted access. The small issue with that is anyone with the access can sanction any events. But they could do that anyway with the shared login information.

Oh, how I wish WER user would have some user roles available (e.g. “Daily Magic Event sanctioner”, “WPN Exclusive event sanctioner”, “Scorekeeper”)…

Jan. 31, 2017 01:12:50 AM

Rebecca Lawrence
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

As far as I'm aware, you also have the option (though not preferred) to run a “blank” event in offline mode, and then save the WER results to a file and send that to a WPN rep if you don't have access to the store's account.

Not ideal, but works in a pinch if the event needs to get going and people can't login for whatever reason.

Jan. 31, 2017 02:26:32 AM

Milan Majerčík
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper

Europe - Central

Good idea, Lawrence.

Alternatively, to spare the guys from WPN support, the event could be run as a “temporary” one in the offline mode, as you have suggested, and then the information from the recorded event could be used to enter the data into the original one (PPTQ) once the login/password is available. Manual pairing etc and then usual report of the event via WER…

Jan. 31, 2017 03:48:35 AM

Robert Langmaid
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Canada

ok thanks