Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Project Recruitment & Help Wanted » Post: JudgeApps Development Team - Help Wanted!

JudgeApps Development Team - Help Wanted!

March 1, 2018 02:56:53 PM

Dan Collins
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 5 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northeast

JudgeApps Development Team - Help Wanted!

JudgeApps is interested in recruiting new developers to join our team!

JudgeApps is the official website of the Magic Judge Program. A small group of active developers manages these forums, the database of judges, event applications, reviews, exams, exemplar, and much more. We have a backlog of bugs and feature requests, and more arrive every week. If you have web development expertise, and especially if you're experienced with the languages and framework we use, we'd like to invite you to join our team!

You'll have the opportunity to work on any issues that affect you, from bugs you have discovered, to features that you would find helpful. You'll also have access to our database of past bug reports and feature requests to help you find other areas to contribute. You'll write and test your own code, and help review code submitted by other developers as part of our peer review process. All the while, you will be contributing to one of the most critical projects to the global Judge Program, and you'll know that you're making a difference to our approximately 1,000 daily active users.

JudgeApps is built using the Django web framework. Experience with Python and one or more of Django, HTML, Javascript, JQuery, and CSS will be beneficial. We use Git source control, and the Phabricator/Arcanist suite of tools for issue management and code review. After joining the project, we'll help you set up a JudgeApps development instance to test your code on.

Interested developers should send me a brief email to start a conversation! I'm especially interested in hearing what you'd like to work on, and what, if any, relevant experience you have.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you,
Dan Collins