Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Judging Technology » Post: Would y'all be interested in tracking cards' Oracle changes?

Would y'all be interested in tracking cards' Oracle changes?

June 6, 2019 10:45:46 AM

Andrew Villarrubia
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - South

Hey folks! I maintain www.vensersjournal.com for policy and rules diffs. I've recently heard a small number of people asking about Oracle changes like Yawgatog used to do (https://www.yawgatog.com/resources/oracle-changes/).

Is this something you want and would actually use? Mostly just taking a poll to see if there's actually enough interest in this to make it worth the time investment. Thanks! :)

Edited Andrew Villarrubia (June 6, 2019 10:46:12 AM)

June 9, 2019 11:28:01 AM

Jorge Requesens
Judge (Level 3 (International Judge Program))

Iberia

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for your work with the diffs! :-)

For me CR, IPG & MTR diffs are very useful. I don't use Oracle changes.

Regards ^^

June 9, 2019 12:44:22 PM

Bartłomiej Wieszok
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), TLC, Tournament Organizer

Europe - Central

I have similar attitude as Jorge. I want to know what is the difference between CR, IPG and MTR when they got updated since those are crucial to our work and knowing changes is vital there. However Oracle changes are not so often, not so important (most of them are non functional) and if I'm unsure about oracle text of a card I would be always interested in current text and not old ones.

June 9, 2019 10:52:47 PM

Isaac King
Judge (Uncertified)

Barriere, Canada

I disagree that oracle changes are not often or important- there are multiple cards seeing standard play right now that have different oracle text than printed.

That said, due to the nature of the updates we get, I believe it's less useful to have a database of oracle changes. The update bulletin already lists them all, whereas it doesn't list the exact changes made to the rules.