Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Project Recruitment & Help Wanted » Post: Help needed in distributing a Judge related survey

Help needed in distributing a Judge related survey

July 16, 2014 10:31:19 AM

John Eriksson
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy))

Europe - North

Hello fellow Judges!

We are taking the first steps in starting a new project, designed to teach Judges and Judglings more about customer service and what TOs expect of us, and we would need your help in distributing this survey to as many Tournament Organizers as possible.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1413KXwNbI-sVltqL3bex0CuQo9Dg2cFS-cqiFqMtxrE/viewform?usp=send_form

The idea of the survey is to find out what TOs think about Judges and what they expect of us at different events.
So if you ARE a Tournament Organizer, if you KNOW a Tournament Organizer och if you just happen to have an e-mail adress for a Tournament Organizer, please help out by taking a look and sending this on.

Every respons we get will help us in making the seminars and articles that are sure to follow.
Thank you one and all!

July 17, 2014 02:19:10 AM

John Eriksson

Europe - North

Thank you for all the help so far.
We've had some feedback and the survey has been changed a bit.
Please send all your feedback or questions to john.s.eriksson(at)gmail.com, so we can make this survey even better!

July 17, 2014 06:40:50 AM

Jonas Breindahl
Judge (Uncertified)

Europe - North

Had my local TOs fill it out. One had some feedback:
I'd like to have some more options for some of the questions and its clear that the questions are made by judges and not real people

Edited Jonas Breindahl (July 17, 2014 06:41:18 AM)

July 17, 2014 06:43:55 AM

Carlos Fernandez
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Iberia

Hi

What's the time limit? When would you need the surveys filled?

2014-07-17 13:41 GMT+02:00 Jonas Breindahl <

July 17, 2014 10:41:06 AM

Scott Marshall
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 4 (Judge Foundry)), Hall of Fame

USA - Northwest

Originally posted by Jonas Breindahl:

made by judges and not real people
Really? sigh… here I thought I was real. :)

d:^D

July 17, 2014 10:52:19 AM

Patricia Fernández Fuentes

Iberia

Oh God, so when I passed the exam, I became a…ghost?
I've delivered to the TO of the local store the survey, I'm waiting for him to fill it.

July 17, 2014 04:19:41 PM

John Eriksson

Europe - North

Thank you guys for all your help.

I plan to present at least something at the seminar at GP Utrecht, so the second week of August.
Of course you can fill in the survey later as well, and we will check the data, if it changes much.

Oh, and some info for the “real people” out there; I happen to be a person, a store manager, a TO AND a Judge…
But if the survey is not to someone's liking, the can send me an e-mail and tell me what they did want to answer. So far I've had some lovely, constructive e-mails and I hope to get more, so that we can further improve on the survey and as a result, on the project to come. :)

July 18, 2014 11:34:38 AM

Esteban Vasquez

Hispanic America - South

There is a FB group for store owners, maybe someone can post the link there (i'm not a member) https://www.facebook.com/groups/gamestores/

July 18, 2014 06:38:27 PM

Adam Zakreski
Judge (Uncertified)

Canada

I kind of feel like the last question leaves out the choice for, “My judge
is the scorekeeper.”

-Adam Zakreski

July 18, 2014 08:25:48 PM

Peter Richmond
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry)), Scorekeeper

USA - Northwest

Originally posted by Patricia Fernández Fuentes:

Oh God, so when I passed the exam, I became a…ghost?

Patricia, you're telling me that you didn't read the fine print? Your taking of the L1 Exam constitutes the transfer of your soul and humanity to the DCI as part of the certification process upon passing…

Edited Peter Richmond (July 18, 2014 08:26:01 PM)

July 19, 2014 07:21:41 AM

Brian Schenck
Judge (Uncertified)

USA - Midatlantic

Originally posted by Peter Richmond:

Patricia, you're telling me that you didn't read the fine print? Your taking of the L1 Exam constitutes the transfer of your soul and humanity to the DCI as part of the certification process upon passing…

Hence the 101% requirement.

July 20, 2014 02:02:15 PM

Maximilian Kuntze
Judge (Uncertified)

German-speaking countries

I answered evry question as a TO.
But maybe im a bit influenced in my answeres because im a player -> TO -> judge, in chronological order.

July 20, 2014 05:18:23 PM

Bartłomiej Wieszok
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program)), TLC, Tournament Organizer

Europe - Central

I found 2nd question really confusing (What is your average player count at these tournaments?). If I checked local tournaments and PTQ/WMCQ then I got multiple correct answers for that question, for eg. average player count for FNMs/GPTs is 8-32 but for PTQ/WMCA 64-256 and what should I answer then?

July 21, 2014 05:27:29 AM

John Eriksson

Europe - North

You can fill in this survey multiple times.
For example, you can fill in your info as a FNM organizer and then redo it as a PTQ/WMCQ organizer.
Mostly we are interested in the highest level of events that you organize, so if you only fill it once, do it as the “higher level tournament organizer”. This is where you are more likely to staff multiple judges, and that is, for us, more interesting.

Aug. 3, 2014 08:53:45 AM

John Eriksson

Europe - North

I am presenting the data gathered through this survey at GP Utrecht next Friday, so if you know of any TOs that yet have not filled in the survey, please ask them to do so. We will still accept answers after this date, and those answers will be part of “the big picture” later on in the upcoming project, but we would like as much data as possible at Utrecht! :)

Thank you everyone!