Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: Library of Leng, and "Play with the top card of your library revealed"

Library of Leng, and "Play with the top card of your library revealed"

Sept. 5, 2014 03:12:15 AM

Loïc Hervier
Judge (Level 1 (International Judge Program))

German-speaking countries

Library of Leng, and "Play with the top card of your library revealed"

Greetings.

If I control both Library of Leng, and a card that makes me play with the top card of my library revealed, such as Courser of Kruphix, then an effect makes me discard a card and it checks any conditions on cards being discarded: if I choose to discard on top of my library, will this effect check those conditions on the revealed card? Indeed in 701.7c I don't understand if the condition "without being revealed" must come from the discarding effect itself, or any relevant effect…
Also, if the revealed card has any triggered abilities based on the card being discarded, will they trigger after the card is revealed on top of my library?

For examples:
* if I use the +1 from Chandra Ablaze and I discard a red card on top of my library, will Chandra deal 4 damage to the target?
* (as seen there) if Hidden Horror EtB-ability resolves, can I discard a creature card on top of my library in order not to sacrifice it?
* (as seen there) if I discard for Disciple of Deceit and I choose to put it on top of my library, will the second part of her effect know the real CMC of the discarded card?
* (as seen there) if an effect controlled by an opponent makes me discard Guerrilla Tactics and I choose to put it on top of my library, will Guerrilla Tactics trigger?

Thank you.
  • Index
  • » Rules Q&A
  • » Library of Leng, and "Play with the top card of your library revealed"