Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: Liliana heretical healer's copy and her trigger ability.

Liliana heretical healer's copy and her trigger ability.

Dec. 14, 2016 09:44:30 AM

Jungmin Park
Judge (Level 2 (International Judge Program))

Greater China

Liliana heretical healer's copy and her trigger ability.

Hello, all judges who read this question.

Today, I have a question about Liliana, Heretical healer's copy(It's made by clone or suppleant form and so on) and her triggered ability.

As you can see, Her trigger ability are written as follows “ Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, exile Liliana Heretical Healer, then return her to the battlefield transformed under her owner's control. If you do, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield. ”
Actually, I think copy of Lliliana is not going to meet making zombie token condition, so I think liliana's copy(whether it is token or copy) will not return to battlefield and create 2/2 zombie creature token also.
(Yes, I think "exile Liliana Heretical Healer, then return her to the battlefield transformed under her owner's control.“ is trigger condition of putting 2/2 zombie creature token.)

However, when I read the CR, above article makes me confused.

117.12. Some spells, activated abilities, and triggered abilities read, ”. If , .“ or ” may . If , ." The action is a cost, paid when the spell or ability resolves. The "If " clause checks whether the player chose to pay an optional cost or started to pay a mandatory cost, regardless of what events actually occurred.

So, I need your help about that problem. Thank you in advance.

Edited Jungmin Park (Dec. 14, 2016 07:12:17 PM)

• Index
  • » Rules Q&A
  • » Liliana heretical healer's copy and her trigger ability.