Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: MTR vs. Dragon's Maze lands.

MTR vs. Dragon's Maze lands.

April 27, 2013 09:46:43 AM

Anniek Van der Peijl
Judge (Level 3 (Judge Academy))

BeNeLux

Hello everyone.

Someone just pointed out to me that the MTR contains this rule:
After picking up the booster, players should remove and keep any non-foil basic land cards and/or any other cards that are not from the expansion of the opened booster.

It was originally added to cover the ‘hidden treasures’ in what I believe was Zendikar block. However, it seems to apply to the dual lands that go in the basic land slot in Dragon's Maze boosters. Is this intended? It seems strange that people would have to remove some but not all (since the Gates and the Maze do have the Dragon's Maze symbol) of the lands in the basic land slot.

I couldn't find this in the FAQ or elsewhere after a reasonable googling effort, but I do apologise if this has been answered before.

April 27, 2013 08:34:07 PM

Kim Warren
Judge (Uncertified)

United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa

Section 7.3 in the most recent MTR contains this addition to cover the situation:

“Exception: Nonbasic lands from the Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash expansions opened in Dragon’s Maze boosters are allowed in Limited formats using Dragon’s Maze cards.”

I mean, it isn't technically effective until May 3rd, but I am sure that we can fudge that slightly for this weekend :)