Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: Follow up question on Master Biomancer

Follow up question on Master Biomancer

June 20, 2013 02:02:22 PM

Carlos Navarrete Granado
Judge (Uncertified)

Iberia

Following up what was asked by Toby Hazes on http://apps.magicjudges.org/forum/topic/3882/

1. If you have Master Biomancer and Corpsejack Menace in play and it's the Fathom Mage the one coming into play, how many counters would the mage come into the battlefield with? If I infer it correctly it should come into the battlefield (assuming Biomancer's power is 2) with 4 counters.

2. What if the Menace was coming into the battlefield along with the mage?

3. What if all 3 creatures were coming into the battlefield together?

June 26, 2013 08:53:22 PM

Nathan Long
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northwest

1. It will enter the battlefield with four counters. Entering the battlefield with counters counts as having counters placed on it, so the Biomancer would cause the Mage to enter the battlefield with two counters, which the Menace will double to four counters.

2. Only two. The Menace has to be on the battlefield when the counters are being added in order for it to double those counters. Since it's entering the battlefield at the same time as the Mage, it won't double the counters that are placed on the Mage and itself.

3. The Mage does not get any counters. Just like in 2, the Biomancer has to be on the battlefield when the creature enters the battlefield in order to get the counters. Since all three creatures are entering the battlefield at the same time, the Biomancer won't apply to the Menance or the Mage entering the battlefield, so neither creature will get any counters.

Daniel's explanation linked to in the original post applies to these questions as well.

For those who don't know who I am, I'm Nathan Long, and I am also a NetRep (for the Wizards' forums). I will occasionally be answering questions here, and my answers should also be considered O, just like Daniel's and Scott's answers.

Edited Mark Brown (June 27, 2013 01:20:09 AM)