Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: Interaction of Deicide with Enchanted Evening and the WAR gods

Interaction of Deicide with Enchanted Evening and the WAR gods

April 28, 2019 03:16:08 AM

Steven Edelson
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Great Lakes

I had a player at my LGS ask me this question, and I told him I'd ask as I wasn't sure.

If NAP controls a War of the Spark God (e.g., God-Eternal Rhonas) and AP controls Enchanted Evening, then casts Deicide targeting God-Eternal Rhonas, how does it resolve?

My inclination is that Deicide exiles Rhonas and then the NAP chooses whether to put it in the library, and then the rest of Deicide happens . But it's 4am and I might be missing the order of operations, so to speak.

April 28, 2019 03:42:45 PM

Nathan Long
Forum Moderator
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Foundry))

USA - Northwest

Hi,

Thanks for your question. God-Eternal Rhonas (as well as the other cards in that cycle) have a triggered ability that triggers when it dies or is exiled - it's not a replacement effect. That triggered ability can't go on the stack until the current spell or ability is completely done resolving. AP will completely finish resolving Deicide (including searching NAP's graveyard, library, and hand for copies of Rhonas) before the God-Eternal's ability will go on the stack. The end result is that Rhonas ends up as the third card from the top of their library, not shuffled into a random part of their library.

Thanks,
Nathan Long
Magic Rules NetRep
  • Index
  • » Rules Q&A
  • » Interaction of Deicide with Enchanted Evening and the WAR gods