Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: Dance of the Manse & Mirrorwave / aura spell

Dance of the Manse & Mirrorwave / aura spell

Oct. 24, 2019 08:00:29 AM

Leonardo La Marca
Judge (Level 1 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

Italy and Malta

Dance of the Manse & Mirrorwave / aura spell

Hi there and thanks for reading!

I would like an “o” to this question, to which I'm unable to give a proper explanation, and wrap my head around the interactions of these rules/sba: (if I found the correct ones)

303.4g
704.5m
&
704.5p

So, basically, the question / game-state that I'm unable to resolve is the following =

NAP has Bear Cub and a Pacifism enchanting said bear cub in play.
AP cast Dance Of The Manse with X = 6. The only card in AP graveyard is Mirrormade.

So, what does happen when Dance Of The Manse finishes resolving?

we kind of have three totally different outcome from our audience:

1 - yeah, u get a 4/4 creature on the battlefield named pacifism (704.5p)
2 - nope, mirrormade comes into the battlefield as a pacifism 4/4 creature, unable to be attached to anything, and then it is put into it's owner graveyard (704.5m)
3 - nope, but worst, mirrormade doesn't even move from the graveyard and there it stays because when it tryes to is a creature, and can't be attached to anything (303.4g)

At the moment I'm personally sold for outcome number 1, for two main reason:
one: 704.5p IS a disambiguous to 704.5m, so it “wins”.
two: cards are generally meant to work and card wording “wins” over general rules (see dominating licid back in the days when it should't work -per rules- but it still worked -since we made it to do that-)
Yet a big chunk of the community is divided between answer 2 or 3.

SO
first and foremost I, as said, would like a proper “in depths” explanation of what goes on and what interacts with what, how and why :D

Thank you kindly again!

(it seems this post is “closed” and unable to get answer… maybe I made some mistake in posting it? of couse I would like it to be open and receive answers!)

Edited Leonardo La Marca (Oct. 24, 2019 08:08:31 AM)