Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: Conspiracy in the graveyard

Conspiracy in the graveyard

June 11, 2014 03:51:57 PM

Ben Quasnitschka
Judge (Level 2 (Judge Academy)), Scorekeeper, Tournament Organizer

USA - Northeast

This was posed to me by a player. With the new card type Conspiracy, can Tarmogoyf get bigger than 8/9?

Annie is drafting conspiracy. She picks worldknit. She then picks lore seeker and adds a judgement pack to the draft. She drafts death wish. Ned, in the same draft, also drafts a lore seeker and adds a pack of future sight. He drafts tarmogoyf. Annie and Ned are playing, and Annie has decided not to play with worldknit in game 1 and chooses not to put it in the command zone at the start of the game. She casts Death Wish and puts worldknit into her hand and discards it due to having 8 cards in her hand.

I'm guessing we'll see a CR update that says something like “if a conspiracy would go into any zone other than the command zone, it enters the command zone instead” but I haven't seen it yet.

-Ben Q

June 17, 2014 08:51:30 AM

Daniel Kitachewsky
Judge (Uncertified)

France

Conspiracies can't leave the command zone - this is rule 313.3 in the June Comprehensive Rules.

Daniel Kitachewsky
L4, Paris, France
Rules NetRep

June 17, 2014 03:11:36 PM

Daniel Kitachewsky
Judge (Uncertified)

France

Apologies - the rule I cited does not cover this situation.

Conspiracy cards cannot enter non-command zone zones by any means, including with Death Wish. Rules are going to be updated to reflect this.

Daniel Kitachewsky
L4, Paris, France
Rules NetRep