Please keep the forum protocol in mind when posting.

Rules Q&A » Post: Using Karador, Ghost Chieftain to cast a spell from graveyard and sacrificing it for mana

Using Karador, Ghost Chieftain to cast a spell from graveyard and sacrificing it for mana

Feb. 27, 2019 08:53:46 AM

Mario Haßler
Judge (Uncertified)

German-speaking countries

Using Karador, Ghost Chieftain to cast a spell from graveyard and sacrificing it for mana

Hi there!

I want to use the ability of Karador, Ghost Chieftain to cast a creature card from my graveyard. I follow the steps described in CR 601.2a to d, then check that the spell is legal, determine the costs, and activate mana abilities. Am I now allowed to sacrifice Karador, Ghost Chieftain e. g. for Ashnod's Altar, or will this lead to an illegal action checked by CR 601.3*? Has this changed during the years?

Thank you!

Mario Hassler

* In part: “If that player is no longer allowed to cast that spell after completing its proposal, the casting of the spell is illegal and the game returns to the moment before the casting of that spell was proposed (see rule 721, ‘Handling Illegal Actions’).”
  • Index
  • » Rules Q&A
  • » Using Karador, Ghost Chieftain to cast a spell from graveyard and sacrificing it for mana